The ROBIN project
R.O.B.IN (Routing Olsr and Batman INside) is an Open Source mesh network project, deployed on top of OpenWRT Kamikaze, running on any Atheros AP51 routers such as Accton MR3201A, Meraki Mini* or La Fonera* and using the B.A.T.M.A.N.or OLSR routing algorithm as cited in custom essays. ROBIN spreads a wired internet connection such as a DSL throughout an apartment complex, neighborhood, village or school, and works on a variety of commonly available, low-cost hardware. ROBIN is being developed by Antonio Anselmi
• builded on top of OpenWRT kamikaze
• auto-configuration (plug & play)
• routing algorithm choice (OLSR or BATMAN)
• Public Access Point with captive portal + WPA-PSK Private Access Point
• nodogsplash , CoovaAAA, worldspot, wifi-cpa or your own RADIUS server as Captive Portal solution
• strict-mesh, LAN block, on-the-air update and upgrade, versions management, channel switch,...
• support to several Dashboard Management Systems
Robin is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General
Public License version 2 as published by the Free Software Foundation. See COPYING for more details.
• Wiki http://robin-mesh.wik.is/
• subversion (svn) repository http://svn6.assembla.com/svn/RobinMesh/
• trac system http://trac6.assembla.com/RobinMesh/browser
• users forum http://robin.forumup.it/